Last update: 10.02.2018
ABOUT THE BLOG
2017 is coming to its end and I've decided to start a blog where I can share my un-asked for opinion, or any other work and thoughts I want to share, but don't know where to put.
Don't expect this to be consistent(!), it might even be the only post I ever make, but maybe not. We will see. Either way if you like it, the only way you will know if I post something again is to visit my website. I won't be promoting or sharing this on social media or in my newsletter. Please don't do so either - you are absolutely welcome to share privately with friends, but lets keep this personal ;)
Thank you <3, now we can get started:
A BRIEF HISTORY OF MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS
THIS IS WHAT WE'RE GOING TO DO IN 2018
I can say that I am generally happy. I love what I do and it full fills me (knocking on wood). But there are a lot of smaller things I'd like to do more often, so I have written up a list of 7 day challenges for me to choose from throughout the year. It feels like a manageable amount of time, and long enough, that I might adapt a few new habits.
Feel free to copy, or leave a comment with something you would add to your list (you don't have to make an account to comment, just click on facebook or one of the other not so obvious options). If you want to challenge me on one of these write a comment, or send me a message.
- Go on a walk before starting work every day.
- Turn off cellphone and computer by 10pm until after my shower in the morning (music from my computer for the shower is ok). √ 02.01 - 09.01
- No coffee.
- Repair one thing every day.
- Design one outfit every day.
- Take a self portrait every day.
- Send a letter every day.
- No snooze.
- Dance for 20 minutes every day.
- Do some kind of exercise for 20 minutes every day.
- Drink three litres of water every day. First attempt: 22.01 - 25.01
- Give away one thing every day.
- Gift someone every day.
- Take a photo of someone I know every day.
- Take a photo of someone I don't know every day.
- Only eat home made food.
- Don't drive in Berlin.
- Write a journal entry every day.
- Take a photo of my outfit every day.
- Brush my hair upside down every day.
- Have a smoothie in the morning every day.
- Draw someone I know every day.
- Draw someone I don't know every day.
- Draw myself every day.
- Draw an object I care about every day.
- Design a bag every day.
- Two week challenge: buy 7 second-hand or vintage pieces. Alter or redesign each one. Take photos and put them up for sale online..
- No extra sweetener or sugar.
- Make a detailed plan for the entire next day, include showering, making food, washing laundry etc. and evaluate the last day to see how well I can estimate and manage my time.
- Send an e-mail to someone I find interesting and/or inspiring but don't know yet every day, just to let them know.
- Send an e-mail to someone I find interesting and/or inspiring that I know every day, just to let them know.
- Have dinner with a different person every day.
- Send a postcard to someone I know every day.
- Send a postcard to someone I don't know every day.
- Go somewhere (restaurant, store, museum, public space, part of town) I have never been before every day.
- Learn a new word and use it at least 5 times that day, and do this every day.
- Read an old diary entry every day.
- Read the yearly sustainability report of one Fast Fashion company every day.
- Read the full certification guidelines of one fashion certification every day.
- Apply for a job I am not qualified for, but find interesting, every day.
- Get out of bed before 7 every day.
- Don't complain about anything. Started: 09.02
Well, that's it for now. I guess I'll put a check mark behind the ones I do, and the name of anyone who joins*.
*If that happens.